Travel tips in Vietnam
Some useful tips when travelling to Vietnam:
Travel tips in Vietnam:
- Dress appropriately. You don’t have to show too much skin; after all, most Vietnamese dress up conservatively. Dressing up provocatively will only lead to unwanted stares by the locals.
- Greetings are important. Always address someone politely, especially the ones much older than you. Politeness is a value one must always take with, whether locally or internationally.
- When visiting holy places such as the Pagodas, dress up properly. If you are unsure of what to wear, follow the locals and feel free to ask around too.
- Drink enough water. You don’t to bring a big bottle with you; there are many vendors out there selling drinks and mineral water. If you carry a backpack with you, perhaps take a small bottle with you.
- Always take out your shoe before entering the homes of the Vietnamese. Wearing a shoe inside the house is considered rude. Bear in mind that the Asian lifestyle is different from the Westerners.