Travel tips in Saudi Arabia
1. When you arrive at Saudi Arabia, be sure to be greeted by your sponsors, friends or family members.
2. Always greet people with “As-salam-alaikom”, which means “Peace be with you”. When you are greeted with “As-salam-alaikom”, say “wa alaikom as-salam”, which means “And peace be with you”.
3. Remove your shoes when entering a living room or holy places.
4. It will be useful to always behave like the locals.
5. Learning Arabic will very much help you around the country, even in working out a great relationship with the locals.
6. Try not to talk with the opposite sex if possible, unless you both know each other.
7. Do not cross your legs or show the undersides of your feet when talking to someone.
8. Respect their culture although they may be strange an unusual to you.
9. Do not raise your voice when talking and avoid loud conversations.
10. Women are required to wear Abaya when going out in public.