Buko Pandan, a Pinoy dessert that I tried last year on Christmas day. My best friend’s mum is an expert at preparing this delicacy. My first time experience eating Buko Pandan was a memorable one and the only thing I kept saying while I was eating it was “Oh my God, so delicious”. I think I got her blushed after that, but I was being really honest because it was very tasty after all!
Buko Pandan is a dessert consisting of pandan flavoured gelatin with shredded young coconut, which are mixed with cream and sweetened milk. Filipinos love it as it is sweet. During my visit to the Philippines, I noticed that most of the food there are pretty sweet, including the beverages. However, my first Buko Pandan was not too sweet; just nice for the tongue. For your information, Buko Pandan is normally served in Filipino party or “Salu-salo”.
To prepare this delicacy, gelatin is cooked along with pandan leaves in order to get the pandan flavour. But to make things easier, you can just stop by at the nearest supermarket to buy your pandan flavoured gelatin.
Your Buko Pandan Recipe:
Buko Pandan can be prepared in just 25 minutes. Below are the ingredients that you will need:
- 1-35 g package gelatin (pandan flavour)
- 3 lbs frozen shredded young coconut
- ½ cup condensed milk
- 1 can of nestle cream
Steps to preparing Buko Pandan:
- Cook the pandan flavour gelatin, and then pour it into a medium size container.
- Let it cool. Once chilled, cut it into cubes.
- Mix the coconut, cream, and condensed milk in a bowl. You can add more milk if you want.
- Once all three ingredients are well-mixed, add the gelatin cubes into the bowl and mix them together.
- Cover it with a plastic wrap and leave it to chill.
- Your Buko Pandan is ready to serve!
You may also like this: